Saturday, August 3, 2013

Word Weekend!

It's SCBWI weekend and that means 3 prefect, beautiful days filled with nothing but words and writing and inspiration and amazingness and a room full of people who share one common, undeniable love.

It's really overwhelming to think about, to be a part of, to be surrounded by 1000+ people who all (hopefully) eat, sleep, breathe, and worship the written word the way that I do.

There are so many outstanding keynote speakers this year who continue to remind me over and over again - Yes - this is who you are. Don't forget it. Just because this year has been rough and your writing has gotten a little off track, just because you haven't been doing anything really great, doesn't mean that you don't still love this.

I still love this, and it's nice to have that vigor back, that "I can do this I can do this I can do this!" feeling that I get after leaving the conference.

I just hope the feeling lingers, I hope when I get home back to my normal life again, away from this word overload extravaganza, that I'll remember how these speakers inspire me, that I'll remember that I may just be the next big thing, and that dreams can never be too big, and that I've just got to sit down and do this...


No comments:

Post a Comment